SeismoBuild is an innovative Finite Element package wholly and exclusively dedicated to seismic assessment and strengthening of reinforced concrete structures that is targeted to the design office. The program is capable of fully carrying out the Code defined assessment methodologies from the structural modelling through to the required analyses and the corresponding member checks. Linear Static Analysis, Linear Dynamic Analysis, Nonlinear Static Analysis and Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis is available with easy generation of spectrum compatible artificial or synthetic accelerograms. Currently six Codes are supported (Eurocodes along with the majority of the available National Annexes, American Code for Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Existing Buildings ASCE, Italian National Seismic Codes NTC-18 & NTC-08, Greek Seismic Interventions Code KANEPE and Turkish Seismic Evaluation Building Code TBDY). Both metric and imperial units, as well as European and US reinforcing bars types are supported.
FRP Designer is included in the installation since 2023 version of the program.
Some of the more important features of SeismoBuild are summarised in what follows:
- Completely visual interface. No input or configuration files, programming scripts or any other time-consuming and complex text editing requirements.
- With the Building Modeller the user can create real regular or irregular 3D reinforced concrete models within minutes.
- Easy CAD-based input; the floor’s plan view can be used as background.
- Predefined built-in cross-sections for both existing and strengthened (jacketed) members (rectangular, L-shaped, T-shaped, circular, shear walls, normal or inverted T-beams).
- More efficient way to introduce the jacketed sections.
- New 3-sided, 2-sided and 1-sided jacketed sections are available.
- Significantly faster analyses with the new parallel processing capabilities and a new sparse/profile solver.
- Infills and steel braces implemented in the Building Modeller.
- Easy modelling of strengthening with Fibre-Reinforced Polymers (FRP) wraps; a large library of existing FRP materials is available.
- Easy modelling of inclined beams and slabs.
- Automatic column subdivision to model short columns.
- Ability to print tables with all the model members and their properties.
- Straightforward definition of code-based parameters.
- Simple input of limit states, building performance levels, earthquake hazard levels and knowledge levels.
- Easy definition of the parameters needed for the nonlinear analysis, with a range of predefined settings schemes and detailed guidelines with suggestions by the program.
- Large library of nonlinear models for concrete and steel materials.
- Fibre-based inelastic and elastic frame elements.
- Distributed plasticity models to accurately model the distribution of inelasticity along the entire height of large walls.
- Eigenvalue, Linear Static, Linear Dynamic, Nonlinear Static and Nonlinear Dynamic analyses supported.
- AVI movie files can be created to better illustrate the sequence of structural deformation.
- Automatic calculation of the target displacement.
- Detailed and intuitive presentation of the analytical results; tables, charts and 3D plots featuring areas of plastic hinges and elements with damage are available.
- All the code-defined capacity checks are supported (shear capacity, chord rotation capacity, inter-storey drift level, beam-column joints checks).
- Checks presented on a table and on the 3D plot; the members where the capacity is exceeded are highlighted with red.
- Detailed technical report in PDF, RTF or HTML format; the content (text, plots and tables) and the size of the report are determined by the users.
- CAD drawings with plan views, members’ cross sections and reinforcement tables; specially created *.ctb files are included.
- Easy copying of all the data, tables and plots to any other Windows application.
- Possibility to easily send a model to Seismosoft, in the case of modeling or convergence problems, and get assistance by our team of specialists in nonlinear analysis.
Learn more about SeismoBuild features or download the free trial.