Semi_active damper and equation of motion

05-Future developments & requests
crimaval

Semi_active damper and equation of motion

Post by crimaval »

I would like to know if there is a project ongoing to incorporate Semi_active Dampers in the software.
My second question:
For the modeling of the 2D frames under seismic loading, you integrate the equation of motion. I saw the results and checked the velocity and acceleration of the nodes of my frames. The software shows me the acceleration values, but in accordance with the theory the equation of motion only incorporates Mddx+Cdx+f(x) = f_ext(t). The software includes an equation of motion for the rotational degree of freedom. If the answer is yes, what is the literature used for it? because I did not get any detail about how the equation of motion is established.

ddx: acceleration vector
dx: velocity vector.
x: displacement vector.
M: Mass matrix
C: Damping matrix
seismosoft

Re: Semi_active damper and equation of motion

Post by seismosoft »

Hello Crimaval,

Currently, there is no ongoing project for the inclusion in the software of more models for dampers. However, note that there is a multitude of hysteretic curves that can be used with the nonlinear link element and model the effect of dampers.
Regarding the equations of motion, we are not sure that we fully understand your question. The equations of motion are the typical equations followed in any similar FE element package. Note that SeismoStruct is by default 3D, i.e., it has 6 DOFs per node.

Seismosoft Support
crimaval

Re: Semi_active damper and equation of motion

Post by crimaval »

thank you. I understand and I already solve the problem.

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”