Joint Check_unintuitive

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
E.Veliu

Joint Check_unintuitive

Post by E.Veliu »

I am doing RC joint checks in tension as per NTC18 running pushover analyses, to see that for one of the joints, the pushover direction of the critical analysis does not match the direction of the two beams that are connected to the joint. The beams lie in the Y direction while as per SB the critical pushover is in the X direction, while the structure is virtually symmetric in the X direction.
seismosoft

Re: Joint Check_unintuitive

Post by seismosoft »

I am not sure I understand the question. Note that you can get detailed export for all the quantities of the calculations for the beam-column joints from the Report Builder>Detailed Calculations (Annex)
Seismosoft Support
E.Veliu

Post by E.Veliu »

I check the report as well, but it did not shed more light on the matter. Can I share my model with you?
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear E.Veliu,

You may send me the model at z.gronti@seismosoft.com. Please send detailed description of the arising issue.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear E.Veliu,

As i wrote in the email i sent you, the structure is not symmetric in any direction.

The demand when running the pushover in X direction is reasonably higher than the demand when running the pushover in Y direction, because column's internal forces are higher in the first case.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”