Loads

02-Getting started with the modelling
Dojcin

Loads

Post by Dojcin »

Hello, 
I use a building modeler to create an 8 floor structure - Dual system. When I create floors I put  loads for permanent load G', live load Q and snow S. Also when I create beams I put additional permanent loads from infill loads G'. (should these values be with minus sign or automatically the softver put in direction Z?)My question is does these loads from the floors and from the beams be included when I make eigenvalues analysis and take into account the mass? Why and where can I see these loads in seismostruct because there is no load in PART - applied load except nodal loads but in element load is empty?
Best regards 
z.gronti

Re: Loads

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Dojcin,

You do not have to assign the additional permanent load applied to the beams within the Building Modeller with the minus sign. The program automatically takes the positive value of the additional beam load to the -Z direction. The slab loads distributed to the supported beams and the additional beam loads assigned within the Building Modeller are applied as additional mass to the beams' element classes. Hence, they are visible in the Element Classes tab of SeismoStruct.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”