Define yielded rebar in materials

02-Getting started with the modelling
shreejisteelcorp

Re: Define yielded rebar in materials

Post by shreejisteelcorp »

I've recently come across the term "yielded rebar" in materials, and I must admit, I'm a bit confused about what it really means. I've done some research, but I'd love to hear some insights from this knowledgeable community.

From what I gather, rebar is used to reinforce concrete structures, and the term "yielded rebar" seems to relate to its behavior under stress. Could someone break down this concept for me? What does it mean when rebar has "yielded"? How does this impact the overall structural integrity of the material it's used in?

I'm particularly interested in understanding the mechanics behind this process. Does it involve a permanent deformation of the rebar? And if so, how does this deformation affect the load-bearing capacity of the reinforced concrete? Are there specific conditions or factors that contribute to rebar yielding?

If anyone has practical examples or real-world applications where yielded rebar plays a crucial role, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about those too.

Looking forward to your insights!
shreejisteelcorp

Re: Define yielded rebar in materials

Post by shreejisteelcorp »

It appears that you are looking for advice on defining and modeling yielded rebar in simulating reinforced concrete (RC) frames. Yielded rebar refers to steel reinforcement bars that have experienced yielding, a condition where the steel has been stressed beyond its elastic limit but has not yet fractured.

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”