problem to assign shear wall

02-Getting started with the modelling
mohamad reza

problem to assign shear wall

Post by mohamad reza »

hi guys

i define shear wall in section/reinforced concrete rectangular wall and after that i define element class for it . when i want to assign(in ELEMENT CONNECTIVITY part) this section to structure i can not do that correctly and the wall is not depicted correctly ,and program draw wall in half of height(not in the entire of the height).please show me how can i define shear wall with column in perimeter and draw it between columns ( in adjacent) and beam (above the wall) in the frame correctly

thank you
huffte

Re: problem to assign shear wall

Post by huffte »

I don't believe that plate type elements are available in SeismoStruct at this time. A reinforced concrete wall section could still be modelled either as a column-type member between 2 nodes or, more likely, as an infill element defined by the 4 perimeter nodes.

It sounds as though the infill element may be a suitable choice for your situation. Try the Help system under:

Element Classes -> Inelastic Infill Panel Element
Tim Huff
seismosoft

Re: problem to assign shear wall

Post by seismosoft »

Dear mohamad reza,

Have you searched this Forum for "wall modelling"? There are some good past posts on the matter already, including links to publications with further guidance on the subject.

Seismosoft Support

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”