Hysteresis output curve

02-Getting started with the modelling
mohamad reza

Hysteresis output curve

Post by mohamad reza »

hello

i need Hysteresis curve as graphical output of all elements in frame after analysis .and my REQUEST is extracting the moment curvature or moment rotation of beams and columns in frame for calculating local ductility of components.

can seismostruct give me these curves in output result and showing these Hysteresis curves such as sap v15 and perform 3d software in nonlinear dynamic time history analysis?

if this software has this ability i will appreciate you to help me how can i get output these curves

thank you
huffte

Re: Hysteresis output curve

Post by huffte »

You should be able to get the hysteresis depending upon where the nonlinear behavior is occuring.

If the nonlinear behavior is in the frame elements, then in the Post-Processor select the following:

'Element Action Effects' tab
'Frame Hysteretic Curves'

If the inelastic behavior is in link elements, then select:

'Element Action Effects' tab
'Link Hysteretic Curves'

Tim Huff
mohamad reza

Post by mohamad reza »

thank for your helping "huffte"

and i have another question

in this part that you told:

Element Action Effects' tab
'Frame Hysteretic Curves'

is Hysteretic Curves shown as moment versus rotation(or moment versus curvature) for example for beams or not shown as stress-strain?

please excuse me because if i am asking general because i don not Decided to get serious to use seismostruct and i compare all software together to find best one for my research .and now i just decide to find the significant capability of seismostruct that is relevant to my research for instance depict "Hysteretic Curves" in my desire

thank you

huffte

Post by huffte »

I believe that the output for rotational deformation is chord rotation in units of radians. So it is actually neither a local rotation nor a curvature. This is my understanding of the output from reading the help system.

Best of luck with your work, mohamad reza.

(If I am wrong on this, someone please chime in.)
Tim Huff
mohamad reza

Post by mohamad reza »

thank you ,please give your key word that you have type in help for searching this subject and have read it,or tell me in witch part of the help you read it give me the address ,thank you
huffte

Post by huffte »

You can search the phrase 'chord rotations' in teh help file and you will get 6 hits. Select 'Member action effects'.

Or from the help Contents, select the follwong:
Running an analysis and processing the results
Post-processor
Member action effects

Then read the section titled 'Frame Element Deformations'.

I hope this helps.
Tim Huff

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”