desired features

05-Future developments & requests
salar

desired features

Post by salar »

hi sir.
i am working by seismostruct for be thesis.first i am planing to verify the PEER columns by seismostruct.i modeled the column, but the result is very differnt.i know that i modeled wrong.but i don't know where is wrong.i read the seismostruct verification carefully but it didn't help me.
may i help me?
seismosoft

Re: desired features

Post by seismosoft »

Hi salar,

There is a very large number of things that could justify the differences in results that you are seeing, and we suspect that it will not be easy for other users to help you without dedicating some non-negligible amount of time to understand your model and the particular experiment that you are trying to reproduce analytically.

We thus can only suggest you to pay a careful look at some of the column test models present in the Verification Report, as well as to browse this Forum for past discussions on the subject of trying to reproduce results from experiments, hand-calculations or other software.

Seismosoft Support
salar

Post by salar »

Hi,

SeismoStruct is very user friendly but it has problem in:
- assign different loading such floor mass and triangle distributed load on beam or column.
- seeing centre of mass and rigidity.
- displaying distributed load in element.
- selecting the element by just clicking to defining loads.
- importing from other programs like sap2000.
- getting the fema other euro for checking the analysis.
- cover of each section will be different.
- Moment-curvature of section is not shown. Just curvatures of element is shown in different "integration sections".
- it should be have more example manual.

I wish it will be update with these parameters.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Dear salar,

We can confirm that the vast majority of features included in your wish-list above will be made available in version 7 of SeismoStruct, which we hope to release in the first half of 2014.

We note, however, that as discussed in other posts (e.g. http://www.seismosoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=638), the possibility of defining different cover values for different cross-sections is something that we do not consider as being necessarily pertinent, considering how little influence it has on the response of a structure, and considering also the uncertainties associated to the modelling of existing structures (e.g. actual material strength, actual bond of rebars, actual load values, actual seismic action, etc).

We also feel that our Wizard Facility and Verification Report/Models provide users with readily access to a number of examples that are not necessarily second to any other programs, especially for what concerns nonlinear inelastic analyses.

Seismosoft Support

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”