Building Modeller under SeismoStruct

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
TT_OKU

Building Modeller under SeismoStruct

Post by TT_OKU »

Hello,

Firstly, I modelled a building under SeismoBuild in a way of assigning the new values to the predefined parameters under the button "Advanced Modelling". In fact, it is clear that these predefined parameters also defines "Member Advanced Properties".

Then, I try to import this model under SeismoStruct.

But, under SeismoStruct, I can not see the assigned some defined parameters which belongs to "Member Advanced Properties", for example classification (as "primary" or "secondary", "without detailing for earthquake resistance"), longititudnal bars type (as "cold-worked Brittle", " smooth(plain)") and etc. Or I can not look the correct place, "section" and "Element Class" under SeismoStruct.

I wonder whether the all definitions, which are described under SeismoBuild, are completely imported to SeismoStruct without excluding any "Member Advanced Properties".
z.gronti

Re: Building Modeller under SeismoStruct

Post by z.gronti »

Dear TT_OKU,

The Building Modeller of SeismoStruct works in the same way with the Building Modeller of SeismoBuild. Hence, the Advanced Member Properties in the Building Modeller of SeismoStruct are available within the member's properties window when you select the Advanced Modelling button.
These parameters are also available in the main program of SeismoStruct, i.e. after you Exit & Create model from the Building Modeller, in the Code-based checks tab and in the Advanced member properties area.
I kindly inform you that you may also import a SeismoBuild project in the Building Modeller of SeismoStruct.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”