Difference Between Seismosignal and Seismosignal 3D

02-Analytical capabilities
Kirkaguel

Difference Between Seismosignal and Seismosignal 3D

Post by Kirkaguel »

Can you possibly enumerate in Details what are the differences between these 2 programs it seems to me that 3D has the bidirectional acceleration response plot or the orbital plot that is not included in the basic Seismosignal.
huffte

Re: Difference Between Seismosignal and Seismosignal 3D

Post by huffte »

SeismoSignal3D will produce directional spectra, as you have noted. SeismoSignal3D does not have the capability of producing either (a) response history analyses for SDOF systems found in SeismoSignal or (b) inelastic spectra found in SeismoSignal. I have found both programs to be extremely useful and for these reasons I continue to use both.
Tim Huff
Kirkaguel

Post by Kirkaguel »

huffte wrote: 26 Nov 2023, 21:46 SeismoSignal3D will produce directional spectra, as you have noted. SeismoSignal3D does not have the capability of producing either (a) response history analyses for SDOF systems found in SeismoSignal or (b) inelastic spectra found in SeismoSignal. I have found both programs to be extremely useful and for these reasons I continue to use both.
Thank you Tim for the reply, just one clarification when you say that Seismosignal 3D will produce directional spectra are you referring to the rotation like ROTD100 spectra?
huffte

Post by huffte »

Yes, that is correct. By directional spectra I mean the orientation-dependent rotated component spectra (RotDxx).
Tim Huff

Return to “02-Analytical capabilities”