Basement Storeys

02-Getting started with the modelling
LucasNabais

Basement Storeys

Post by LucasNabais »

Hello,

I have a doubt about the basement storeys. In the building modeler, I selected 2 basement floors. What does that actually mean? Does the software consider this floors underground and automatically restrained?
I did a pushover analysis and the underground floors had displacements and that's not supposed to happen. How do I solve this problem?

Thank you,
Lucas
seismosoft

Re: Basement Storeys

Post by seismosoft »

The exact conditions of the basement nodes depend on the soil profile and the adjacent buildings. You can change the boundary conditions, after you create the model with the Building Modeller.

Seismosoft Support
LucasNabais

Post by LucasNabais »

Thank you.

I have another question, I want to check the displacements values for four different points in the structure for each mode when i do the modal analysis. So, check the displacements for 4 different points in each mode (there are 10). I can't see a way to this easily. How do I do this?
LucasNabais

Post by LucasNabais »

I have another very important question!!

I have a flat slab in my structure. It seems that the slab is not supported on the columns! Because of this the columns seem to have vertical displacement after mode 5 (Uz) and that messes up the whole building!!!

How can I support the columns on the slabs? It seems they are not connected and I didn't found a way to this.

Thank you in advance.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear LucasNabais,

If you use the Building Modeller facility to create your model, you may select the slab and check its support conditions and its edges at its properties window.
In case you use SeismoStruct main program to create your model, you should check if the columns' nodes are included in the rigid diaphragm.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

LucasNabais wrote: 25 Oct 2023, 18:18 Thank you.

I have another question, I want to check the displacements values for four different points in the structure for each mode when i do the modal analysis. So, check the displacements for 4 different points in each mode (there are 10). I can't see a way to this easily. How do I do this?
Dear LucasNabais,

You may view the nodal displacements of your structure in the Step Output tab of the Post-Processor when running an Eigenvalue analysis.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”