Regarding adaptive pushover analysis

02-Getting started with the modelling
mangesh30

Regarding adaptive pushover analysis

Post by mangesh30 »

Dear all,
I did adaptive pushover analysis of 4 story RC building. I got capacity curve but I have a doubt regarding the time period because I want to choose the time period of the building but at each step, it varies so which time period should I take for building? in earlier case static pushover analysis in which shows the only a single value of time period? i.e should I take initial or final time period or anything else for adaptive pushover case?

Thanks in advance......
seismosoft

Re: Regarding adaptive pushover analysis

Post by seismosoft »

Because the building sustains damage during the pushover analysis, the fundamental period (and all its dynamic characteristics) change during the analysis. The period values that you get are the ones before the application of the load at each step.
If you are interested in the uncracked, undamaged structure, you should get the value at LF=0.

Seismosoft Support
warcorsario

Post by warcorsario »

Dear SeismoSoft

How can I do adaptive pushover in reverse?, for example i realized in X+, but I would like to do pushover adaptative in X-
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Simply change the sign of the displacement value in the Loading Phases module without changing the loads. Negative loading factors will be automatically applied
Seismosoft Support

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”