Spectral Amplification in adaptive pushover

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
farzin

Spectral Amplification in adaptive pushover

Post by farzin »

Hello
I want to know when I perform adaptive pushover analysis,how can i fill Spectral Amplification parameter?? and what does it base on???
Thanks.
seismosoft

Re: Spectral Amplification in adaptive pushover

Post by seismosoft »

Hi,

We do not quite understand what you mean with "fill Spectral Amplification parameter".

In any case, as usual in these cases, you should get all the information you need from the Help System and the scientific publications indicated in the former.

Seismosoft Support
Danae

Post by Danae »

Hello,

in the case of "user defined spectrum" in the spectral amplification of an adaptive pushover, is it somewhere clarified whether the spectrum that I insert is in terms of accelerations or displacements? Because the graph writes, by default, displacements, but I'm not sure where to check if I need to insert only displacements or if I can change this.

Thank you
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Use displacement response spectrum if you are using Displacement-based Adaptive Pushover, and use acceleration response spectrum if you are using Force-based Adaptive Pushover.

Seismosoft Support
ali_hssn

Post by ali_hssn »

Hello,

I yet couldn't find a proper explanation of how this "spectral amplification" works. In the User manual, it says:
1. "the modification of the inertia forces due to spectral amplification (through the introduction of a site-specific spectrum)"
2. "the effect that spectral amplification might have on the combination of the different modal load vector solutions."
So, can this amplification spectrum be the displacement-period spectrum of the spectral acceleration defined by design codes?
Could you please provide a publication indicating this parameter?

Thanks,
Ali
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

As, mentioned in the post above: Use displacement response spectrum if you are using Displacement-based Adaptive Pushover, and use acceleration response spectrum if you are using Force-based Adaptive Pushover.

For an explanation of the DAP and FAP procedures and the differences between them, please refer to:
Development and verification of a displacement-based adaptive pushover procedure. S Antoniou, R Pinho (2004). Journal of earthquake engineering 8 (05), 643-661
Advantages and limitations of adaptive and non-adaptive force-based pushover procedures. S Antoniou, R Pinho (2004). Journal of earthquake engineering 8 (04), 497-522

Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”