Some of its features are:
- Simultaneous matching of a number of accelerograms, and then creation of a mean matched spectrum whose maximum misfit respects a pre-defined tolerance.
- Possibility of using this software in combination with records selection tools and records appropriateness verification algorithms to define adequate suites of records for nonlinear dynamic analysis of new or existing structures.
- Capability of reading single accelerograms defined in both single- or multiple-values per line formats (the two most popular formats used by strong-motion databases) or of reading a number of accelerograms at the same time (if they are defined in the single-value per line format).
- Creation of the target spectrum by following rules from a selection of more than 25 National Building Codes including Eurocode 8 rules, ASCE 41-13 and various Regulations worldwide, by computing the spectrum of a specific accelerogram or by simply loading a user-defined spectrum.
The following strong-motion parameters are then computed for the matched accelerograms:
- Elastic response spectra and pseudo-spectra
- Overdamped and constant-ductility inelastic response spectra
- Root-mean-square (RMS) of acceleration, velocity and displacement
- Arias (Ia) and characteristic (Ic) intensities
- Cumulative absolute velocity (CAV) and specific energy density (SED)
- Acceleration (ASI) and velocity (VSI) spectrum intensity
- Housner intensity
- Sustained maximum acceleration (SMA) and velocity (SMV)
- Effective design acceleration (EDA)
- Predominant period (Tp)
- Significant duration
In addition, SeismoMatch also features a module in which a user can combine many matched accelerograms in order to obtain a combined mean spectrum that fulfils the user’s requirements regarding maximum and mean misfit.
Finally, and due to its full integration with the Windows environment, SeismoMatch allows for numerical and graphical results to be copied to any Windows application (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, etc.), noting that the plots characteristics can be fully customised from within the program itself.
A fully working version of the program may be downloaded from here.