Model

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
roshen.rj

Model

Post by roshen.rj »

Hi

I would like to receive some advice on modelling BRBs in Seismostruct. There is a specific material property available for it as 'stl_brb'. However, I am not entirely clear about which inelastic element class to use for it (whether infrmFB, infrmFBPH etc..). I have been reading literature studies for it but I am not able to thoroughly understand the type of element class which would have its intended use.

z.gronti

Re: Model

Post by z.gronti »

Dear roshen.rj,

Please carry out a search on this forum for the term "buckling restrained".
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

roshen.rj

Post by roshen.rj »

Yes I did carry out and not much information has been provided. There was a similar post earlier and that is the same reply you have given actually along with a research paper.

seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

The model describes the behaviour of the material. The model can be used with any of the frame element types of the program.
It is up to you to choose, which element type you want according to the needs of your structural model (e.g. infrmFB, infrmFBPH or for short members infrmDB). Refer to the relevant sections on the frame element types in the help and the user manual,as well as the numerous posts on the forum.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”