About "Integer Overflow"

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
Newmark

About "Integer Overflow"

Post by Newmark »

I do IDA for a structure, but the results show "Integer Overflow" when the scaling factor is large. How to solve this problem? Thanks very much.
seismosoft

Re: About "Integer Overflow"

Post by seismosoft »

This should not be happening. Please send us the model in question, so that we have a look into the matter.

Seismosoft Support
Newmark

Post by Newmark »

I can read the IDA Envelope in all scaling factors, but I want to obtain the response under a determined scaling factor, which is large, and the error happens. When the factor is small, the results can also be read successfully.
How can I send the model to you? Thanks.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Newmark

Post by Newmark »

Should I send the project file to you or the result file? The result file is very large.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

*.spf
Newmark

Post by Newmark »

I have sent the project file to you, please solve this problem for me. Thanks very much.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Dear Newmark,

Your output file features a size of 7GB, whilst SeismoStruct Post-processor supports only output files smaller or equal to 2GB.

In order to post-process such large output files, you will need to use an external tool (e.g. Matlab, or ad-hoc code created by your good self).

Seismosoft Support
nasimizadeh

Re: About ''Integer Overflow''

Post by nasimizadeh »

I have done IDA analysis for my research and consequently the amount of data is too large, therefore when I try to see the results in large scale factors, I encounter "integer overflow" error.
To overcome this problem I tried to covert the results into text format in the scale factor so I could use them in MATLAB but the same error occurred again.
I was wondering if there is any possible and practical solution for my problem (seeing my results in scale factor) that you can inform me of.
Thank you in advance
seismosoft

Re: About

Post by seismosoft »

What you could do is to increase the output frequency (e.g. from 1 to 5) in the Output module of the pre-processor.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”