strain in reinforcement

05-Future developments & requests
Tdwa

strain in reinforcement

Post by Tdwa »

Dear all,
I am a new user of SeismoStruct and I am performing pushover analysis on cantilever RC column fixed at the base and free end.
After running pushover analysis in the post-processor, how can I generate strains in the longitudinal reinforcement along the column height, i.e. from base to top of the column as a function of the distance from the column base?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards.
seismosoft

Re: strain in reinforcement

Post by seismosoft »

You may get the entire stress strain curve for selected monitoring points with the Stress Points functionality in the Output tab of the pre-processor.
Seismosoft Support
Mohamed_Rabie

Post by Mohamed_Rabie »

Dear Support team,
Thanks for support.

I have a similar problem and I have tried to run the model. However, my question are as follows:

1. What is the vertical axis of the graph represents in the post-processor? (for example, the values in the vertical axis of the screenshot of the post-processor result in the following link is not clear?
(https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q5hrkjpputsz ... view=1.JPG)

2. How to get the strain as a function of the distance from the base of the column?
further support is highly appreciated. Best Regards,
seismosoft wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 11:52 You may get the entire stress strain curve for selected monitoring points with the Stress Points functionality in the Output tab of the pre-processor. Seismosoft Support
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

1. When the stain history is sought for, the X axis is the load factor (in pushover analysis) or the Time (in time-history analysis).
2. You need to define several stress points along the length of the column. You might want to use the infrmFB frame element type with 4-5 integration sections along the member length.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”