"paste" did not work

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
newman

"paste" did not work

Post by newman »

Dear Seismosoft,
I have 90 seismograms which are defined in a seismostruct file. The problem is, when I copy these 90 seismograms from "time history tab" of the first file, they cannot paste in the "time history tab" of the second file. In fact, I should define all of these 90 seismograms for other seismostruct files again! why????
The Error is:
Too many time/acceleration values for curve 1. Pasting aborted.
I also tried to paste only one of the seismograms, but the problem was remained.
z.gronti

Re: "paste" did not work

Post by z.gronti »

Dear newman,

You are right. The time history curve should have up to 100 pairs of time/acceleration in order to be able to paste it in another SeismoStruct project.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
newman

Post by newman »

Thank you,
But I tried again with 101 seismograms and the problem didn't solve.
Please guide me for this issue
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear newman,

Each accerelogram should have a maximum number of 100 pairs of time/acceleration values in order to be able to paste it in a different SeismoStruct project. The limitation is not in the number of accelerograms that you want to paste in the new project, but in the accelerogram's size, i.e. the number of time/acceleration pairs that each accelerogram contains.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
huffte

Post by huffte »

Hi newman. I wonder if you could start with the SeismoStruct file which already has the accelerograms. Save this file as a new project called 'TH-Template' or something else of your choosing. Delete the structure but leave the accelerograms. Each time you start a new structure, open 'TH-Template', create your structure, and save under a new name, preserving your ground motion template file. Or perhaps I have misunderstood the problem. Either way, best of luck with your work.
Tim Huff

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”