Unexpected distribution of loads

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
mlatour@unisa.it

Unexpected distribution of loads

Post by mlatour@unisa.it »

Dear All,

I found an unexpected behaviour when modelling the slab through the automatic tool. I assign dead and live loads as requested but, when my slab is intercepting more than a single beam I don't find an agreement between the distribution of the loads in the different beams. As an example, I have a simple span supported by several beams and I get a distribution of bending moments which is much larger only on one beam and much lower on the others.

What am I doing wrong? I hope that you know of what I am talking. Btw I can also upload images or the file.

BR,
z.gronti

Re: Unexpected distribution of loads

Post by z.gronti »

Dear mlatour@unisa.it,

Do the beams have the same length? The slabs are subdivided in triangles, so that their weight and mass are appropriately distributed in the supporting beams and columns. The number of these triangles may be modified from the Slabs Discretization, available in the Advanced Building Modelling parameters.
If you still think that the loads are not applied correctly, you may send me the model at z.gronti@seismosoft.com to check it.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
z.gronti

Re: Unexpected distribution of loads

Post by z.gronti »

Dear mlatour@unisa.it,

Thank you for reporting this problem.
Indeed there is a bug in the distribution of the slab loads to the supporting beams that are in a row, and it will be fixed in the next release. Please note that the total amount of the slab loads are taken into account. The bug is that it may not distribute the slab loads to the supporting beams that are in the same row properly.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”