Refine

02-Analytical capabilities
M_R

Refine

Post by M_R »

Hi,
I use Seismosignal to integrate acceleration time history to displacement which I then feed to my finite element model.
The FE models use a Newmark algorithm to solve the dynamic system so I need a baseline correction before I use it in the FE to avoid spurious acceleration from the Newmark algorithm.

My timesteps are defined at each 0.002 second. However, in one of my model, I fails to converge.

I would need to recude the time steps in the FE model. Problem is, when I do this, the newly assigned displacement (which is estimated without baseline correction) start to create spurious acceleration.

Is there a way that Seismosignal can provides me with more points when I make the baseline correction?
Say I have 4000 entry at 0.002 second which make a 8 second records. I would need, for example, 8000 entry at 0.001sec from the baseline correction?

The only option I see right now is to somewhat myself create the new value of acceleration from linear interpolation between existing value, then import in seismosignal then do a baseline correction. This process is time consuming... Any other way around?
Thanks for the help!
seismosoft

Re: Refine

Post by seismosoft »

You can increase the number of steps from within SeismoSignal with the Menu>Tools>Change Time-step... command.
Seismosoft Support
M_R

Post by M_R »

Thanks you.
Is it possible in the option to change the digits separation , for a coma (.) ? It's trouble for me right now... Thanks!
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Which version are you using?
SeismoSignal 2016 is capable to read records both with commas and dots as the decimal separator.
Seismosoft Support
M_R

Post by M_R »

Yes it can read, but when it exports it does with coma and I need dots. I had to create a script in tcl to convert it back but it's a additionnal steps and it's taking alot of time for manipulating the data. If there is an option built in that would be great! Thanks
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

All our programs can read files with both dots and commas as the decimal separator. However, all the exports are done using the Windows decimal separator. If you want to export the file with dots, rather than commas, change this settings in your Windows, from the Control Panel.

Seismosoft Support
M_R

Post by M_R »

Done it, and it works fine. Thanks alot for the help!

Return to “02-Analytical capabilities”