Error while running other time history curves

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
nayanhosmane

Error while running other time history curves

Post by nayanhosmane »

Hi,
I tried to run a predefined beam column joint for static time history analysis by changing its time history data,which was "BENCHMARK" time history data and then added "IMPERIAL VALLEY" time history data. When I tried to run the analysis ,it keeps showing "time history data should be in ascending order", but the time history data is in proper order, please solve this problem.
seismosoft

Re: Error while running other time history curves

Post by seismosoft »

Please make sure that the time values at the beginning and at the end of your record (as loaded in SeismoStruct) are in ascending order (e.g. you do not have zero time at the end of your record).
Seismosoft Support
usamauet8

Post by usamauet8 »

Hi,
My time-history curve shows error while loading
" Only one column could be read in row 4900. the accelerogram could not be read". Could something be wrong with the input file or can it be fixed?
Usama
huffte

Post by huffte »

I would check line 4900 for a spurious symbol or tab character. You could also specify line 4899 to be the last line to read and see if that portion loads correctly. If so, then you know something is amiss on line 4900.

Also check the format of the accelerogram. Some formats include acceleration, velocity, and displacement histories with descriptive lines in between each. And make certain that the format matches the specified check box on the input dialogue.
Tim Huff

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”