Non-numerical input error

03-Unexpected behaviour/errors
AaronSco

Non-numerical input error

Post by AaronSco »

I am looking to paste the response acceleration time history values at roof level of my modelled building from Seismostruct in to Seismosignal.

I plan to use the Fourier Transform function to translate the displacement time history in to the frequency domain within Seimosignal.

When pasting the acceleration values from Seismostruct into the appropriate column in Seismosignal, an error message appears stating: ''Non-numerical input error. Data cannot be pasted''. Any advice to overcome this problem would be greatly appreciated. I should also highlight I have the academic license.
seismosoft

Re: Non-numerical input error

Post by seismosoft »

Hello AaronSco,
Indeed there is a problem with the past function in SeismoSignal 2018. the bug will be fixed in v2018 Release-2 that will be published in September.
Note that you can load the data if you save them on a text file and load it in SeismoSignal with the normal way.
Apologies for this,
Seismosoft Support
Kirkaguel

Post by Kirkaguel »

Hi technical Support,

I encountered similar error to this when reading my vertical ground motion input in text file I received an error "Non numerical input in row 2" upon checking the file it seems valid input. What is strange is that the orthogonal horizontal directions of the ground motion are accepted without any problem and the format for the 3 components of the ground motion are the same.

Attached herewith is the text file for the vertical component the one with the error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vd65cwvu33397 ... D.txt?dl=0

Thanks
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

We copied and pasted the record entries from the link that you sent to a text file and we were able to open the file without problems.
Please make sure that you have selected the correct settings for the record.
Seismosoft Support
Kirkaguel

Post by Kirkaguel »

I was able to resolve the issue.

thanks Technical support

Return to “03-Unexpected behaviour/errors”