Slowdown in analysis

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
simo03

Slowdown in analysis

Post by simo03 »

Good morning,
I installed recently Seismostruct2022 and I noted an issue while running every type of analysis. Compared to Seismostruct2021, the same analysis run on the same model are slower (i.e. A time history analysis in Seismostruct2021 took about 45 minutes, while the same analysis on seismostruct2022 took hours to complete). I don't know what's the reason of this problem, I'm using the same models in both versions of the software. How can I fix that?
z.gronti

Re: Slowdown in analysis

Post by z.gronti »

Dear simo03,

Have you selected the "Parallel Assembly of the Stiffness Matrix" and the "Parallel Processing of Structural Data" check boxes, available in the Analysis tab f the Project Settings? Your analyses should be significantly faster with the new parallel processing capabilities and the new sparse/profile solver.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
simo03

Post by simo03 »

I tried to change the solver from "Automatic" to "Skyline" (or "Frontal") and the analysis is faster. I also selected the new "Parallel Assembly of the Stiffness Matrix" and the "Parallel Processing of Structural Data" check boxes.

The new sparse/profile solver gives me some problems: an error message appears and the analysis doesn't start unless I change the type of solver.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear simo03,

If your model has zero diagonal elements in the stiffness matrix, the sparse/profile solver shows a message and the analysis does not run, but in general it is a faster solver.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”