What to do? "The analysis could not be completed."

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
aldrich_mayoralgo

What to do? "The analysis could not be completed."

Post by aldrich_mayoralgo »

Hi! :)

I am a Civil Engineering Student currently working on my thesis which is related to generating fragility curves for Gabaldon type school buildings here in the Philippines.

I ran Static pushover analysis on one of the schools and a message appeared:

"The analysis could not be completed.

If this is because the structure reached its maximum capacity before the loads or target displacements could be applied, then there is no need to re-run the analysis.
If instead you believe that the analysis ended prematurely, then make sure that you have defined correctly the model (e.g. material strengths, reinforcement) and the loading applied to the structure.
You may also consider using a less stringent convergence criteria."

Does "there is no need to re-run the analysis" mean that the Pushover curve (Hysteretic curve) generated by the analysis is valid?

I am asking because I am currently troubleshooting my process of making fragility curves. I was wondering if the analysis not being completed could be the cause of my current problems.

Thank you for your help. :)

aldrich_mayoralgo
z.gronti

Re: What to do? "The analysis could not be completed."

Post by z.gronti »

Dear drich_mayoralgo,

This means that the analysis might not has been completed, i.e. it has not reached the assigned target displacement, because you might have applied a large displacement that it is not needed. That is to say that you might get the whole Pushover curve even if the analysis has not reached the assigned target displacement.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
aldrich_mayoralgo

Re: What to do? "The analysis could not be completed."

Post by aldrich_mayoralgo »

Thank you. :)

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”