Can't open a dwg file in seismostruct Building Modeller

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
psi_14

Can't open a dwg file in seismostruct Building Modeller

Post by psi_14 »

Hello,

I am having issues opening a .dwg or .dfx file in building modeller of seismostruct. It gives me the message of the image above. I tried dwg and dxf from 2010, 2007 and 2004.

I tried in two different PCs (one is the official commercial version release 3 and other is the official commercial version release 2)

Anyone have exeperienced the same error?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wT1IeO ... sp=sharing
Pedro
seismosoft

Re: Can't open a dwg file in seismostruct Building Modeller

Post by seismosoft »

Hello Pedro,
This is not a common error, and as I explained via email we were able to open the dwg files without problems.
Please make sure that your antivirus software is not interfering in the opening process (e.g. it is scanning the file at the same time)
Seismosoft Support
psi_14

Post by psi_14 »

Hello,

I posted in the forum so maybe someone that had the same mistake could provide information on how to solve it.

I tried in another PC (official version release 2 instead of release 3) and the error persisted. I will disable my antivirus again maybe it will work.

Thanks
Pedro
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

you can also you try Release-3 to see if it works. A fresh installation might work.
As I explained, we opened the file without problems (you saw the screenshot), and we do not have any idea of what might be causing the problem in your case.
Seismosoft Support
psi_14

Post by psi_14 »

I finally solved it.

The .dwg file was in the company server (which was not a problem before), so I just copied and pasted the .dwg in the computer desktop and seismostrc could load the .dwg
Pedro
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

It seems that it must have been related to some settings on the server side, we have not changed anything in the program lately on the loading of dwg files.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”