Problem with connecting Core Wall?!

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
psi_14

Problem with connecting Core Wall?!

Post by psi_14 »

Hello guys,

I have a model of a building which have a core wall in the middle. When I run the model (in a separate file) without the core wall I don't have any problems but when I do with the core wall it gives me the typical error "Unable to apply the permanent load". I did look up in the forum but couldn't find a solution for my problem despite the enumerous tries.

I think it must be a connection problem but checked everything more than 3 times, I actually did the model again and always the same error. I can't have eigenvalues either so probably the masses of the floors can't connect... Generally what is the common mistake when you have this error? I am missing something but don't know what.

Cheers!
Pedro
z.gronti

Re: Problem with connecting Core Wall?!

Post by z.gronti »

Dear psi_14,

As a general suggestion is to check the model, starting from the correct connection of the structural elements. You should probably check if you have connected the wall core to the other elements properly, e.g. with rigid links or to the proper nodes. This may be done with the help of the Eigenvalue analysis.
If you check the structural connectivity and you still get the reported message, you may send me your file to take a look at it to z.gronti@seismosoft.com
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
psi_14

Post by psi_14 »

Thank you Zoi Gronti, I have sent you an email with the model.
Pedro
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear psi_14,

As I explained you in my reply to your email, the members in your model are not properly connected. I would suggest you to create a similar model within the Building Modeller to see how the employed elements should be connected.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”