"Range Check Error" Seismostruct v5.2.1

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
fakharifar.mostafa

Re: "Range Check Error" Seismostruct v5.2.1

Post by fakharifar.mostafa »

Hello,

I was working on the verification report problem (Ch4-­#8208;joint-­#8208;01.spf AND Ch4-­#8208;joint-02.spf).

I received "range check error" two times.

Once, when analyzing the data in the post-processor.
Interestingly, second time it occurred when I just went to 3D plot options trying to change the node label color from default to black to see the nodes more distinct on the model.

I didn't modify the model. When I ran the model installed by the software, analysis terminated. Then, I just unchecked "Do not allow element unbalanced forces in case of ftb_ite". That allowed the analysis finished. "range check error" happened though.

I could finish my model starting another model with no problem. Just wanted to report, if that may help developers. I have taken a picture of the screen that where in software it happened (if needed). Thanks for the great software.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Thank you for reporting this problem. What are the specifications of your PC and your Operation System? So many range-check errors in a well-tested model seem a bit strange.

SeismoSoft Support
fakharifar.mostafa

It is a descent fast stand alone computer including:

Windows 7 - 64-bit operating system
8.00 GB Ram
CPU: Intel Core 2 CPU Duo E8600 3.33 GHz
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

We guess you are using the latest available version v6.5, right?
This seems a bit strange. Can you please send us the file to support@seismosoft.com?

Thank you,

SeismoSoft Support
fakharifar.mostafa

That's right, I'm using the latest ver. 6.5 of SStruct. I already emailed the file that I had problem working with.

Thanks.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Dear Mostafa,

We checked the file you sent us (it was the verification example, slightly changed) with v6.5 build 200, the latest available release from the website, and the analysis ran fine.

SeismoSoft Support
lacampos3

Post by lacampos3 »

Dear Seismosoft,

I am getting the Range Check Error when running an eigenvalue analysis. I have tried changing the compatibility settings. Furthermore, when I try replicating the model in a new Seismostruct instance, I get the following error in the materials module: "Access violation at address 0040627C in module 'Seismostruct.exe'. Read of address 00000002".

I have sent you my model for your convenience. I am using v6.5, Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks in advance.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

As mentioned in our e-mail message, the problem was that one of the frame elements was connected to just one node (probably because the file was edited outside SeismoStruct).

SeismoSoft Support
paanldarzezao

Re:

Post by paanldarzezao »

Dear Seismosoft,
I have the same problem.
When i run "static analysis(non-variable load)" and then I open "Action effects diagrams" in the post-processor, I have the program message "Range check error"
I have already try to follow the solution A but i have the same message.
How can I solve it?
seismosoft

Re:

Post by seismosoft »

Can you please send your model to support@seismosoft.com?

Seismosoft Support

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”