Chapter 4 Example 1 - RC joints

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
roshen.rj

Chapter 4 Example 1 - RC joints

Post by roshen.rj »

Dear Developers

According to the 'Seismotruct Verification Report, Chapter 4 Example 1-RC Joints', could you kindly clarify the 'Properties of Link2 (JointA col)' used for F1 and M2 degrees of freedom usina simplified bilinear Takeda response curve ? How did you obtain these values as mentioned on pages 125 and 126 i.e.,

1. yielding strength Fy = 405000 MPa, initial stiffness Sy = 4800000 N/mm, post-yielding to initial stiffness ratio = 0.000001, outer loop stiffness degradation factor = 0.00001, inner loop stiffness degradation factor = 1.0 (for F1 DOF)

2. yielding strength Fy = 8.3004E+007, initial stiffness Sy = 1.8653E+011 N/mm, post-yielding to initial stiffness ratio = 0.0128875, outer loop stiffness degradation factor = 0.1, inner loop stiffness degradation factor = 0.9 (for M2 DOF)

This is based on the study = Yu W. [2006] “Inelastic modeling of reinforcing bars and blind analysis of the benchmark tests on
beam‐column joints under cyclic loading”, MSc Dissertation, ROSE School, Pavia, Italy.

However, this study is not to be found online, and hence I cannot access it. Could you please briefly guide me on how you arrived at these values?
seismosoft

Re: Chapter 4 Example 1 - RC joints

Post by seismosoft »

This is an old model which was created by the author of the dissertation, and we do not really know how these value were calculated. Possibly this is described in the thesis, and you might need to contact ROSE school, or alternatively you could contact the author directly.
Seismosoft Support
roshen.rj

Re: Chapter 4 Example 1 - RC joints

Post by roshen.rj »

Apparently, ROSE school has changed to IUSS Pavia and there is no online database where I can assess the old dissertation. I have contacted the secretariat for IUSS regarding my request but there is no response. Could you please ask Zoi Gronti to kindly send me the document as there is a similar discussion that has happened in the forum and she had sent the document personally to the person who asked for it?

Regards
Roshen

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”