Regarding Infill

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
seismosoft

Re: Regarding Infill

Post by seismosoft »

The strut force is not directly related to the compressive strength of infill. You can get the strut and the shear forces during the analysis in the post-processor. For the four diagonal struts, the force of each strut is equal to:
(Area of Strut)*(stress from the inf_strut response curve), where (Area of Strut) is between A1/2 and A2/2. Note that there are two struts per diagonal (hence the 1/2 factor) and the area of the diagonal starts from A1 and gradual degrades to A2. Please refer to the manual for a complete description of the parameters.
Seismosoft Support
mangesh30

Post by mangesh30 »

Dear seismosoft team,
I request you please look into the matter of infill deformation. I have mentioned my problem. Please suggest you valuable suggestions.

Thank you
mangesh30

Post by mangesh30 »

I have gone through the manual. Thabk you for your response. Actually, I want to show the damage of infill on pushover curve. So how I can proceed it??? Should I consider A1 OR A2 while calculating the capacity of strut ??? Please explain. Also you suggested "stress from the inf_strut response curve" from where I will get it? Please make it simplified because in the crisssafulli & other literature given different formulas. The main thing is that I want to calculate strut force??? I hope you can understand my problem.

Thanks in advance.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

mangesh30
Your questions are very general, if you need better answers you need to be more specific (which will also show that you carried out a good review of the material available, manuals, help, online resources).
As explained above, there are SeismoStruct performance criteria for infills. The limits can be either forces or deformations, but these need to be defined by the user. It is up to the user to set such limits, depending on the limit state (i.e. level of damage) that the these quantities represent. Hence this is probably something you need to decide with your supervisor, depending on which damage level (slight, serious, very serious) you need to represent in your analyses. This is not automatically calculated by SeismoStruct.

If you need a more automated process, there are also code-based checks with automatically calculated limits according to the selected Standard.

In order to be able to use the infill panel in your model, refer to the example with in infills in our models database: https://seismosoft.com/seismobuild-seis ... le-models/

You can also refer to this video (How to define infill elements) in our YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw_kB9JRMNQ

Finally, I re-iterate the strut force can be directly extracted from the post-processor of the program.
Seismosoft Support
mangesh30

Post by mangesh30 »

Ok thank you !!

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”