Infill diagrams

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
dimitopa2

Infill diagrams

Post by dimitopa2 »

Hello,

I want to find the maximum resistance of the infill walls of a 2-storey building. Which graph should I use? Infill panel deformations, Infill panel forces or Infill panel hysteretic curves?

Thank you
z.gronti

Re: Infill diagrams

Post by z.gronti »

Dear dimitopa2,

If by maximum resistance, you mean the maximum strength resistance, then you should use the infill panel forces. If you are referring to maximum stiffness, then the infill panel hysteretic curves should be used.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
dimitopa2

Post by dimitopa2 »

In a static pushover analysis, in infill panell forces what do the axis show? Forces and time?
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

No there is no time in pushover analysis. In am not sure to which plot you are referring, probably you mean the infill panell forces plot of the post-processor, in which you have forces vs. the pushover loading factor.
Seismosoft Support
dimitopa2

Post by dimitopa2 »

Yes this is what I meant. Thank you.
dimitopa2

Post by dimitopa2 »

Hello,

I have a question for the form of a diagram. It's pushover analysis of a two storey building. This is the infill hysteretic curve for an infill wall in the ground floor. Could you help me a little bit with its analysis and the form of it because I'm a little confused?

Thank you

https://ibb.co/H7XM14Z
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

I am not sure what you mean dimitopa2.
Note that there are 6 internal curves for each infill element (4 diagonal struts and 2 shear curves). Note also that there might be an early out of plane failure that affects the results.

Seismosoft Support
dimitopa2

Post by dimitopa2 »

The diagram in the previous image was for shear 2. What I meant is I can't understand the contribution of this wall to the construction for example its breaking point etc from the form of the diagram. Do you think there is some kind of failure or is this a correct diagram?
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Without the details of the analysis (type of analysis, out of plane failures, convergence criteria amongst other things) it is hard to tell. The contribution is a combination of all 6 internal curves (struts + shear).
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”