Different results in seismostruct and seismobuild

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
psi_14

Different results in seismostruct and seismobuild

Post by psi_14 »

Hello people(again),

I have a question concerning the difference of results in seismobuild and seismostruct for the same combination for a pushover analysis and with the same parameters of convergence.

I have a model, built in seismobuild, I chose a spectra according to my country, run an eigenvalue analysis in seismobuild and the pushover analysis (combination 32).
The analysis reached 90% of the maximum displacement.

In seismostruct, the same model (I imported the pushover from seismobuild) collapsed before reaching the 90% giving the message "The structural model cannot withstand the defined loading". The model also assumed a target displacement of 0.7665 in the control node after I create my inelastic spectrum which is equal to the one in seismobuild. After running the pushover the displacement achieved is 0.10731.

Why such a difference in results? it's the same model with pushover imported from seismobuild. What am I probably missing here?
Pedro
seismosoft

Re: Different results in seismostruct and seismobuild

Post by seismosoft »

From your description, I am not sure if you changed something in the model from SeismoBuild and SeismoStruct.
In general, both programs should give the same results with the same parameters.
Seismosoft Support
humam2104

Post by humam2104 »

I'm not sure I know the cause of this issue. Seismostruct's release and build is different from seismobatch for example.
Seismostruct tells me: Release 2 Build 10 while Seismobatch gives me Release 1 Build 1
I guess this might be related to your issue in some way?
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

No, this is not related. SeismoBatch is an external application that simply calls the SeismoStruct solver. Nothing to do with thr differences that you get. Check if you have changed anything in SeismoStruct, including the project settings.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”