RC JOINTS- Shear panel modelling

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
seismosoft

Re: RC JOINTS- Shear panel modelling

Post by seismosoft »

You need to check the restraints in the nodes of the link elements. Furthermore, you need to connect the beam elements to the internal x1 & x2 nodes of the links rather than the restrained external nodes.
Seismosoft Support
shahdhruviajay

Post by shahdhruviajay »

I am not able to understand what you are trying to explanation.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

There is a problem with the connection of the link and frame elements, they are not connected in series.
However, explaining how to model structures in FE is out of the scope of this forum. This is probably an issue that can be better discussed with your supoervisor.
Seismosoft Support
roshen.rj

Post by roshen.rj »

Ralazem wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 01:22 In the Yu dissertation, there are 3 important things that were considered in the joint model:

1) Bar slip springs
2) interface shear spring
3) shear panel rotational spring

All the parameters were provided as well. The models provided by seismostruct only accounted for the first 2, and I need to know why the third was not considered, and if I were to add it on to the existing seismostruct verification models for this paper, how does it need to be applied in the relation to the other parameters?

Otherwise, what is the justification of not including it in the model?
Is it possible for you to send me the Yu dissertation to :roshen.rj@gmail.com as I am interested in modeling the bar slip and I do not find the dissertation anywhere

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”