Regarding target displacement

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
mangesh30

Regarding target displacement

Post by mangesh30 »

Dear all ,
I am trying to calculate target displacement by using ASCE41 CODE but in that Ss & S1 spectral response parameters how to calculate?? please tell the procedure.

Thank you..
huffte

Re: Regarding target displacement

Post by huffte »

Ss and S1 are typically read from maps or obtained from online tools. The best option is the ATC app. USGS also has an app which can be used but the values are geomean while asce used RotD100. You can use ATC app values directly or adjust usgs values.

https://hazards.atcouncil.org/

These are for US sites. There are data available at other web pages for international sites as well.
Tim Huff
mangesh30

Post by mangesh30 »

Thank you. Dear sir another question can we take demand (elastic spectra) from other country (e.g.India) by using ASCE-41 Code??
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

In the ATC website it is possible to get data from the US.
In SeismoStruct however it is possible to input any spectral shape.
Specifically for the IS 1893 Indian Code, this can be read from SeismoStruct's library to automatically calculate the target dispalcement in Pushover Analysis (Pre-Processor>Target Displacement Module>Seismic Action and select Other Spectral Shapes rasther than Code-based Spectra.
Note also that the Indial Code is available in all Seismosoft's applications
Seismosoft Support
mangesh30

Post by mangesh30 »

OK. Thank you sir for your explaination. but I have another question is demand spectra should be in which form?? elastic or design basis for the intersection of capacity curve.
And I have checked the target displacement by ASCE41 and IS 1893 (elastic spectrum) but i got different target displacement. What is the reason. Please explain in detail.So which demand spectra should I used??

Thank you
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

For the calculation of the target displacement of ASCE 41 the elastic spectrum is required. We are not aware of the IS 1893 Standard.
Note however that explaining the expressions for the target displacement calculations are out of the scope of this forum which is dedicated to the use of Seismosoft's applications. This is an issue better discussed with your supervisor.
Seismosoft Support
mangesh30

Post by mangesh30 »

OK Thank you for guidance.
mangesh30

Post by mangesh30 »

Dear all,
I want to calculate Ss & S1 parameters for indian region how can I calculate??? Please help me.

Thanks in advance
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

As mentioned above, this is an issue out of the scope of this forum and it is better discussed with your supervisor.
Seismosoft Support
rbsce.ph

Post by rbsce.ph »

Hi Seismosoft,

Do you have any example or model that uses a Displacement-Based Static Adaptive Pushover Analysis. I tried analyzing my model however it would be really helpful if I can have another model as a reference for results.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”