Regarding infill creation

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
mangesh30

Regarding infill creation

Post by mangesh30 »

Dear sir,
I have created a pitched roof building. so I have tried infill insertion in the frame but the software is not accepted because the roof portion is not flat its inclined so in that case how to insert wall?
Thanks & Regards
mangesh30

Re: Regarding infill creation

Post by mangesh30 »

Please help me on above question
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Infill panels can be introduced only if the 4 nodes lie on the same plane. If this is not your case, you wil need to apply a secondary node that lies on the infill panel plane and is connected with rigid links to your other structural nodes.
Seismosoft Support
mangesh30

Post by mangesh30 »

Dear sir in my case due to pitch roof infill shape is trapezoidal instead of rectangle but all 4 points are in same plane. so how to insert infill??

Thank you..
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Unfortunately, a restriction of the element is that the nodes should lie on a rectange.
Seismosoft Support
rbsce.ph

Post by rbsce.ph »

Hi Sir,

I tried modelling infill walls on 4 nodes in the same plane, however, it does not create the wall and keeps on saying that all nodes should form a rectangle. I cant figure out whats the problem. Hoping you can help. Thank you.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear rbsce.ph,

Could you please send me the model at z.gronti@seismosoft.com with a detailed description on the infill element that you are not able to insert?
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
mangesh30

Post by mangesh30 »

Dear sir,
The problem is same how can we model the infill in pitched roof case???? i.e., not in rectangle shape but all points are in same plane. Please help in the process.

Regards
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

As explained in our previous post, in the infill element type it is not possible to use 4 nodes that do not for a rectagle.
Possibly, you could use a rigid diaphragm with suitable stiffness parameters instead.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”