Un-complete Analysis

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
Ahil_Anand

Un-complete Analysis

Post by Ahil_Anand »

Dear Seismosoft,
I ran a 3D-RC frame under Time history analysis for three seismograms. The analysis be finished for two of seismograms, but, for one of them, the model cannot finished. Could you please check it for me? I sent the origin file with description to "Zoi Gronti" and "support@seismosoft.com".
Thank you for your attention.
seismosoft

Re: Un-complete Analysis

Post by seismosoft »

Hello Ahil,
There are numerous reasons for the convergence difficulties that you are facing. Carry out a search with the 'convergence' term and you will find numerous posts on the subject. Also refer to the pertinentrelevant sections on the program manual. The new SeismoStruct 2018 feature with the Convergence Problems display on the post-processor will be extremely helpful. The fact that 2 of the records run without problems, but with the 3rd you get convergence difficulties, might mean that you get structural failure (it is just a guess though).
In any case, being a small company, it is reasonable that Seismosoft cannot provide personalized support to our thousands users.
Hence, we will have a quick look at the model, however we obviously cannot dedicate more than 5-10min.
Regards,
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”