IDA for 3-direction

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
sanami

IDA for 3-direction

Post by sanami »

I have a 3D structure. For IDA analyze, with three time history curves (for each direction), in IDA tab of the seismostruct, there is only one option for only one direction. Why? Could you please help me how can I analyze a structure with three time history curves and my considered coefficients for such curves?
I think it should be possible to an IDA analyze a 3D structure with three time history curves by seismostruct, not for only one direction. It is for 2D structures!
seismosoft

Re: IDA for 3-direction

Post by seismosoft »

With SeismoStruct, you can run IDA with acceleration time-histories in all 3 directions, there is no problem with that.
The directions indicated in the IDA tab are just for the derivation of the IDA envelope.
Seismosoft Support
sanami

Post by sanami »

Thanks
AbhishekPatil

Post by AbhishekPatil »

Hey,
Does anyone know how can we get IDA curve with spectral acceleration vs maximum drift as the parameters. It would be helpful for me to carry out my research.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

In the post-Processor, in the IDA Envelope tab you will be able to get the Maximum Drift vs. Base Shear plot for all the analyses. I do not know if this can be useful.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”