Specific Barrier Model Parameters

04-Future developments & requests
huffte

Specific Barrier Model Parameters

Post by huffte »

I would like to verify that the parameters used for each of the models - intraplate, extensional, intraplate - in SeismoArtif are equal to those used by Halldorsson and Papageorgiou in Reference 8 of the bibliography. I make the request so that myself and other users of this fantastic program might be able to fully document the ground motions we generate using the software. I am not able to control parameters such as stress drop, and assume that the values from the reference are hard-coded into SeismoArtif?

Thanks very much as always.

Tim Huff
seismosoft

Re: Specific Barrier Model Parameters

Post by seismosoft »

Hi Tim and many thanks for the kind word.

In SeismoArtif we used the values suggested by Halldorsson and Papageorgiou to program the algorithm, since it seems that these are suggested as the correct values for each model.
What you need is to confirm that these exact values have been used, or do you need the capability to freely change them and check the output?

SeismoSoft Support
huffte

Re: Specific Barrier Model Parameters

Post by huffte »

Ah yes, I should clarify my comment. I was asking for confirmation that the values used in SeismoArtif were, in fact, the values suggested by Halldorsson and Papageorgiou in Table 8 of the cited reference so I could report stress drop and other values used to generate records. So that is the primary request. Though, now that you mention it, it might be interesting to be able to control those parameters more. Keep up the good work. - Tim
Tim Huff

Return to “04-Future developments & requests”