PGA correction parameters

04-Future developments & requests
mwoods

PGA correction parameters

Post by mwoods »

In the "Matching Parameters" tab of the "Settings" dialog box, for the meaning of the "PGA correction parameters" Target PGA, Adjustment frequency, Damping, and Number of cycles, the SeismoMatch help file offers only this: "PGA correction parameters that may be left unchanged for typical applications." I accept that these parameters need not be adjusted for typical use, but since they are presented in the "Settings" user interface, could you please provide a brief explanation of each?
ruipinho

Re: PGA correction parameters

Post by ruipinho »

mwoods,

I believe your comment is a valid one, and in a future version of the program one should certainly either explain further (in the Help System) the meaning of the parameters in question, or remove them altogether from the Settings.

Best,

Rui
mwoods

Post by mwoods »

Thank you for your response. In the mean time, could you describe the parameters here? Thanks.
ruipinho

Post by ruipinho »

Personally I cannot, since I do not really know what these specific parameters mean/do, precisely. That is, I have used SeismoMatch extensively and successfully without ever "playing" with these parameters.

This is why I was saying that, if Seismosoft's development team finds itself in a similar position (i.e. not being able to fully explain these parameters, since the matching algorithm was developed by others, as explicitely acknowledged in the Help System), then my suggestion would be for the possibility of them being changed by the user to be removed.

Best,

Rui

Return to “04-Future developments & requests”