Bug in units

03-Unexpected behaviour/errors
moizhyd

Bug in units

Post by moizhyd »

Hello,

When I load one of the default accelerogram the units are in g's. If I change to m/s^2 the label changes
but I see that the values are still being displayed in g's . I was expecting them to be 9.81 times higher.

Best Regards,
Moiz
seismosoft

Re: Bug in units

Post by seismosoft »

Hello Moizhyd,
The records are loaded simply as values (numbers), hence the user is responsible to define the correct units in his calculations. This is done so that the program accommodates for all unit types without problems. Obviously, the program cannot read and understand the units type, as stated on the record.
Further, note that what you are describing is not a 'bug' strictly speaking, hence you should be a bit more cautious in the titles of the posts, since a title such as 'bug in units' gives the wrong impression and is also very unjust.
Regards,
Seismosoft Support
Diego Peralta

Post by Diego Peralta »

Hi team seismosoft, I have a similar problem with units in Step2:Define the target spectrum area, previously I define the units and import correctly the acelerogram.
In the step 2 I choose the option, "Load spectrum from file" one more time with the correct units and scale factor, but the software calculate with other units the spectrum response.
Please check that. Thanks
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Not sure what you mean Diego.
The values read from the file are simple numbers, there is no indication of the units on the file (at least the program does not try to read any).
The units are then set by the user and the program itself.
If you feel that there is indeed a problem, can you please send us an example project and spectrum file at support@seismosoft.com, so that we understand what you mean?
Thanks
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Unexpected behaviour/errors”