Integer Overflow error

01-Installation of new versions
hadesloveln

Integer Overflow error

Post by hadesloveln »

Today i download the new version "SeismoStrcut V6",When i opened it,it said "Integer Overflow",i thought it was a problem,How to solve?
My computer is XP
seismosoft

Re: Integer Overflow error

Post by seismosoft »

Dear hadesloveln,

Obviously, the scarce amount of information and details that you are providing prevents the provision of any possible meaningful suggestion or advice.

We can however suggest you to carry out a search for "integer overflow" on this Forum, which may provide you with some hints on how to solve the problem you seem to be facing.

Seismosoft Support
hadesloveln

Post by hadesloveln »

i think it is the new version's problem,beacause the version 5.2.2 is OK on my computer
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

We had verified version 6 in an existing WinXP SP2 system, which had been updated throughout the years with the updates released by Microsoft, and no 'Integer Overflow' error occurred.

Following this post of yours, we did try running version 6 in a fresh installation of WinXP SP2, and did come across the error you report, which however did not prevent us from continuing to use the program. Unfortunately, Microsoft has now discontinued support for WinXP, rendering it difficult for users to update it.

Seismosoft Support
girino

Post by girino »

Hi, I have the same problem of hadesloveln. Can I downgrade my version from 6 to 5?
Thanks
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

girino, hi.

Unfortunately, we stopped supporting v5 a year ago, and wonder if you really need such outdated version, or if you may instead consider installing v6.5 on a more modern OS, in case you are having problems in running it on WinXP SP2 (we do manage to run it, by the way?

Thanks,

Seismosoft Support

Return to “01-Installation of new versions”