Cannot run as standard user

01-Installation of new versions
user

Cannot run as standard user

Post by user »

I cannot run SeismoStruct when I log in as a 'Restricted' or 'Limited' user in Windows 2000 and Windows XP, respectively. Is there a solution?
seismosoft

Re: Cannot run as standard user

Post by seismosoft »

If SeismoStruct has been installed in a networked environment where users' access to system folders and files is subject to restrictions, you must ensure that 'restricted users' are given 'modify' and 'write' permissions to the 'DeIsL1.isu' file, found in the directory where the program has been installed (e.g. C:\Program Files\SeismoSoft\SeismoStruct). You should have Administrator rights in order to do this.

SeismoSoft Support
gabi.sabau

Post by gabi.sabau »

My SeismoStruct is installed in a networked environment and I'm facing the same problem, but I can't find the 'DeIsL1.isu' file. Is there any other way?
ruipinho

Post by ruipinho »

Gabi,

You are looking into a very old post (from 2008) - the licensing technology has changed since then, and no 'DeIsL1.isu' files are installed anymore.

Try following some more recent discussions on the matter, such as e.g.: http://www.seismosoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=216

Rui
gabi.sabau

Post by gabi.sabau »

I am sorry but none of the other topics are of any help. I do not have administrator rights, I just want to know how could I make it work on a standard user, without having to ask my network administrator to input his password every single time i want to use the program. I am using Windows 7, do you have any suggestions ?

Gabi
ruipinho

Post by ruipinho »

Gabi,

If the computer that you are using has been set up, by your local systems administrator, in such a way that you do not have permission to independently install software on it, then the only solution is to contact your systems administrator and ask him to install the software for you, and also to set things up in such a way that the program may then run without his input.

Rui

Return to “01-Installation of new versions”