Opening Project Files

03-Unexpected behaviour/errors
Cheng

Opening Project Files

Post by Cheng »

Hi,

I'm new at using this software, please excuse me if my inquiry is unclear. I created a project with 42 motion records in the format of multiple acceleration per line for each file and did some simple analysis. The program functioned wonderfully.

However, when I closed the project and tried to re-open it later, the "Processing ground motion records..." process took a very long time (over 3 minutes per file) to load up each file and the program became sporadically unresponsive during the loading process. It seems to me that the program "freezes up" while trying to locate the individual data files, and once it founds the file the loading only takes a few seconds.

I am using Windows 7 x64 and ran the application as an administrator. Is there a problem with my program settings that may have caused this difficulty during loading? I am trying to continue to add more records to the projects, but the loading process during each session is unbearable to sit through. Any help is much appreciated!

Edit: I recently upgraded my working system to Win7. I had worked with the same records a few months earlier on my XP OS computer and the problem didn't seem to be as serious. Although that may be due to the smaller project size. I don't know if this information helps or not.

seismosoft

Re: Opening Project Files

Post by seismosoft »

Dear Cheng,

Many thanks for this detailed report. We will look into this matter straightaway and then let you know.

Thanks again,

Seismosoft Support
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Dear Cheng,

Sincere apologies for the delay with which we are responding.

We have tried hard but could not replicate the behaviour you describe.

We wonder if the 'Automatically search for network drivers and printers' File Explorer option is turned on and causing this delay? This, or any other similar network problem, is the only thing that comes to our mind.

Renewed apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Seismosoft Support
ope

Post by ope »

Hello,

I too have noticed this exact same problem. When originally loading ground motions, they load extremely fast. The file saves properly.

When opening the file later, the load time is extremely long. Also, the load time per ground motion seems to get longer for the ones later in the list (even though the number of points is not greater).

I have noticed this on several computers on which I have had the software installed. Always on Windows 7 64-bit.

Regards
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Thanks. We will look again into this problem, paying special attention to 64-bit systems.

Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Unexpected behaviour/errors”