Hi, how can I simulate two stages of cyclic load. The first one is load control

02-Getting started with the modelling
engzainab

Hi, how can I simulate two stages of cyclic load. The first one is load control

Post by engzainab »

Hi,
how can I simulate two stages of cyclic load. The first one is load control phase and the second one is displacement control.using static time history analysis
z.gronti

Re: Hi, how can I simulate two stages of cyclic load. The first one is load control

Post by z.gronti »

Dear engzainab,

In static time-history analysis, you may define whereas the applied loads are forces, displacement or a combination of both in the Applied Loads module.
Please note that the Loading Phases module, where you are able to select between Load Control Phase, Response Control Phase and Automatic Control Phase, is only available in Pushover and Adaptive Pushover analysis.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
engzainab

Re: Hi, how can I simulate two stages of cyclic load. The first one is load control

Post by engzainab »

How can I do the combination between load control and displacement control. It makes error when apply two in the same joint
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

The load control does not need the selection of a node.
You need to check things in the Phases module, also refer to the Users Manual
Seismosoft Support
engzainab

Post by engzainab »

I am sorry I have miss understand in that point. I read the manual very well. I don’t know what the parameter I should change . And is it in the project settings?
The verification report of the program does not have a similar case.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

In pushover analysis you may add as many Loading Phases as you like, one after the other. You may stanrt with a load control phase and then continue with a number of displacement control phases
Seismosoft Support
engzainab

Post by engzainab »

Thank you for replying,
But I ask for static time history analysis, how to apply two load
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

What do you mean 'two load'?
In any case in SeismoStruct two different phases can only be applied in pushover analysis, not in static time-history loading,
Seismosoft Support

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”