coupling beams

02-Getting started with the modelling
yahia

Re: coupling beams

Post by yahia »

dear seismosoft
i carried out a verification model for coupling shear wall and applied cyclic load by choosing static time history analysis, the model run without any problem .But no result in curve.
To clarify my words, i attached the SPf file . please , run the model and tell me if i modeled it right? and applied the loads right ?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydz538c3sutvc ... W.spf?dl=0
you can also find anther attached PDF file for verification model
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zpowm3b4zqs5 ... 1.pdf?dl=0
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

There are calculated results from the analysis, if you go to the action effects viewer in the post-processor you will realised that the model is loaded.
If you mean the curve that appears during the analysis time, this is because you are applying loads in the Z direction but you have selected to view the response in the X direction.
Seismosoft Support
amany

Post by amany »

please, are diagonal bars available in seismostruct?
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear amany,

Currently, it is not possible to model diagonal rebars in SeismoStruct.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
AMRMASOUD

Post by AMRMASOUD »

How to model Diagonally reinforced concrete coupling beams in SesimoStruct?
Thanks
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Currently diagonal reinforcement is not directly supported in SeismoStruct. Although the effect of the diagonal rebars on bending at the end of the beam can be modelled by increasing the reinforcement at the end sections, their effect on the shear capacity cannot be considered.
Seismosoft Support
shreejisteelcorp

Post by shreejisteelcorp »

Modeling and analyzing coupling beams in coupled shear walls for seismic evaluation using SeismoStruct is a complex engineering task. Here's a general outline of the steps you can follow:

Modeling the Shear Walls:
Model the coupled shear walls according to your building's configuration. Ensure that you consider the interaction between the walls and properly connect them at each floor level.

Modeling Coupling Beams:
Specifically, model the coupling beams connecting the shear walls. You may need to create these as separate structural elements within the software.

Material and Section Properties for Coupling Beams:
Define the material properties (e.g., concrete, reinforcement) and section properties (e.g., dimensions, reinforcement details) for the coupling beams. This should include variations for the FRP-strengthened and unreinforced cases.

Loading and Boundary Conditions:
Apply seismic loads to the structure based on your design code and project-specific earthquake data. Ensure that you consider lateral loads, vertical loads, and other relevant loads.

Remember to follow the specific guidelines and standards applicable to your region or project. SeismoStruct is a powerful tool, but it's essential to use it accurately and in conjunction with your engineering knowledge to ensure the safety and performance of your structure during seismic events.

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”