X-Braced frame Modeling

02-Getting started with the modelling
Behnam

X-Braced frame Modeling

Post by Behnam »

Hi
i'm trying to verify a simple one bay x-frame.the braces are perfectly pinned.the beam-col joints are perfectly full rigid.
but there seems to be a problem in my modeling since the analysis terminates.
could u pls take a quick look at my model?
BR
Behnam
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g4 ... 614a53f1bf
z.gronti

Re: X-Braced frame Modeling

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Behnam,

I don't know if I correctly understood your point, but i ran the analysis in your model, without changing anything, and it was successfully completed. The message "Response Control Phase terminated" indicates that the analysis is successfully completed.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
Behnam

Post by Behnam »

Dear gronti
Thanks for your reply.u are right.i misunderstood the concept.but,
since i want to verify an x-braced model with the characters i mentioned in the previous post ,have i defined the joints correctly?(what should i do about the x intersection,defining a link with F1,2,3=large value M1,2,3=small value did not help,how can make it fixed)
because my frame continues without any failure ,while the experiment says in max=.08 m vertical monotonic loading failure happens.(pls find attached the .jpg in the previous post ,the desired result)
BR
Behnam
Behnam

Post by Behnam »

Dear Seismosoft support team
i am trying to verify a simple 1 story 1 bay X-braced frame using Static pushover analysis.full rigid beam-to-column joints & Pinned braces.
i guess there is a problem in my connection defining since my frame should fail at target Dis .08 m ,but it continues bearing load.
would please let have your comments.(pls find attached the .spf and desired Dis-Shear curve.)
PS:i'm really pressed for time.Any help is highly appreciated.
BR
Behnam

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gc ... 221e373d93
ruipinho

Post by ruipinho »

Behnam,

As I know you know already, there is no simple answer to your query, and there may be many reasons behind the differences that you are observing, and it really needs to be you exploring it all further.

As usual, I would also suggest you to carry out a Forum search on the word "experiment", to find previous discussions on comparison with test results, where useful hints&tips may be found (I noticed that you have been involved in some of those already).

Best,

Rui

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”