error during dynamic acceleration time history analysis

02-Getting started with the modelling
khan0099

error during dynamic acceleration time history analysis

Post by khan0099 »

what does it means during analysis and whats the solution for it ?
" Unable to apply the next load step. Analysis terminated
Total Analysis Time: 0h:3min:14sec "
z.gronti

Re: error during dynamic acceleration time history analysis

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Khan,
If you carry out a search on this Forum for the term "unable to apply" you should find plenty of posts on this matter.
The Seismosoft's video about solving convergence difficulties might also help you. You may view it in the following links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6tAyoofDog
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=22 ... =2&theater
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
khan0099

Post by khan0099 »

dear z.gronti ,
Thank you very much , if you explain it , why it happens ?
mafmoh123

Post by mafmoh123 »

Why are you all always saying that " if you conduct a search in this forum on "unable to apply"......."The only thing which we get after searching that is the same statement which you repeat " if you conduct a search in this forum on "unable to apply"......." we can't find the answer. be straight forward rather than giving vague replies like this
huffte

Post by huffte »

Hi mafmoh123. I respectfully offer that I do, in fact, get a number of responses with valuable information when I perform the noted forum search. Responses include detailed advice as well as links to videos discussing the issue at hand. So I don't believe that the Seismo team and other users are being vague. Perhaps there is an issue with the search capabilities of machines with different processors or some other issue is causing the lack of results when you perform the search. I personally find this forum extremely helpful and responsive.
Tim Huff
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hi mafmoh123,
There are numerous reasons why one gets convergence problems in an analysis. It is not our job and it is not possible to fix the convergence problems and provide personalized support to our thousands of users. What we can provide is the resources already available, i.e. numerous forum posts, a video that we have prepared and the relevant sections in the manual and the help of the program.
As Seismosoft we believe that SeismoStruct is probably the most stable nonlinear program worldwide, when it comes to convergence issues. However, you might disagree, which we perfectly respect. if you think that the you cannot deal with such problems in SeismoStruct, probably it is a good idea to try other similar packages (there are several available), in order to get more stable analyses, 'less vague replies' and better support from their developers.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”