bridge modelling

02-Getting started with the modelling
mohamad_nazari

bridge modelling

Post by mohamad_nazari »

dear group
I have a project about bridge analysis . it has 4 simple spans with continuos concrete deck . do you have any refrence or clip about how to modelling the bridge in seismo struct?
Thanks
huffte

Re: bridge modelling

Post by huffte »

This is a very wide open question, mohamad_nazari. I would offer that, generally speaking, spans should be modeled with no less than 4 elements and pier columns with no less than 2 or 3 elements, depending on height relative to span length. Often, the superstructure - deck and girders - may be modeled as an elastic element possessing the properties of the composite section. Inelastic, force-based, elements are a common choice for the pier columns. Link-type elements are many times found suitable for bearing devices, isolation or otherwise. These comments are general and clearly have exceptions, but perhaps they may get you thinking in the right direction for your particular case. Best of luck.
Tim Huff
mohamad_nazari

Post by mohamad_nazari »

Thank you huffte ;)
mohamad_nazari

Post by mohamad_nazari »

I saw a clip in youtube about it but this clip was inadequate.I need more details
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Mohamad,

The Seismosoft's video "How to create a bridge model", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3DZSLtYkRs, is just indicative of bridge modeling, and of course cannot cover all the cases.

Could you be more specific on the details that you need so that we can help you with your project?
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
mohamad_nazari

Post by mohamad_nazari »

Dear friends
I realy grateful for your guidence . I saw it . As soon recieving the architectural plan of the bridge, I will ask with more details.
Thank you
ali_hssn

bridge modelling

Post by ali_hssn »

Dear all,
I have academic license, and I want to model an isolated bridge, but I don't know that this license provides my work or not.
I need to model base isolator with SMA wires, model a bridge and Time-history analysis.
Thank you
fakharifar_mostafa

Post by fakharifar_mostafa »

Dear ali_hssn,

I don't think you should have any problem modeling your bridge with SMA isolators. The academic license should suffice for your modeling purpose. The only portion that I think is unavailable in academic license is the Building Modeller module. Good luck.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

The only difference between the academic and the commercial version of SeismoStruct is the Building Modeller facility. All the other features are availiable in the academic version also.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
ali_hssn

Post by ali_hssn »

Hello,
How can I model SMA wires in bearings that I've modeled as an link element?

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”