RC beam-column joint

02-Getting started with the modelling
seismosoft

Re: RC beam-column joint

Post by seismosoft »

If you model the joint with a link element, the energy dissipated is the area below the force-deformation curve.
You may find several beam-column joint examples in the SeismoStruct verification report. Note that the corresponding SeismoStruct files are available from the program menu.
Seismosoft Support
Subiksha M

Post by Subiksha M »

Hello, i have done a RC column model.but I was experienced with the errors while executing. So what part I have to rectify. And is there any useful YouTube videos or course related to this to learn the software ??
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Subiksha M,

The use of Wizard and Building Modeller facility might help you in your beginning with SeismoStruct models.
You may find a number of videos in Seismosoft's YouTube channel and in the support page of each program in Seismosoft's website.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
obaidullah khan

Post by obaidullah khan »

Hello my question is if the longitudinal bars of beams are not bend into the column at beam column joint and they are coming straight out from the building at beam-col joint. So it seems to be week beam-col joint connection. So how we can incorporate this phenomena in seismostruct v-23?
huffte

Post by huffte »

Good question. I wonder if you might be able to estimate the tension load required to result in pullout of the bar with inadequate development? You could convert this to a pullout stress and strain, specify a bar with a fracture strain equal to the pullout strain, and specify drop load in the performance criteria for such connections when the bar strain reached the pullout value? Just thinking out loud. But maybe worth a try. I'll be curious to hear other ideas.
Tim Huff

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”