02-Getting started with the modelling
aggeliki_st

Results

Post by aggeliki_st »

Which brings out the aggregated results and not step by step;;
seismosoft

Re: Results

Post by seismosoft »

Unfortunately, we are not sure what you mean with 'aggregates results'.
Seismosoft Support
aggeliki_st

Post by aggeliki_st »

I want it to show me the overall results and not per step of analysis
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

The overall results of what? Please refer to the Manual or the Help of the program to review all the results parameters that can be extracted,
Seismosoft Support
aggeliki_st

Post by aggeliki_st »

The results, for example, of the displacements to a dynamic analysis as well as of the regulation-based control, should be the overall results of the analysis and not of every step of it.
huffte

Post by huffte »

The results of a dynamic response history analysis are, indeed, the results at each time step. Certainly, if you are interested in the maxima and minima, you may obtain those from SeismoStruct results. It is up to the engineer to decide what is important based on the intent of the analysis. Also, it is not clear as to what you mean by "regulation-based control"?
Tim Huff
aggeliki_st

Post by aggeliki_st »

How can I get the maximum and minimum results from a dynamic analysis??
huffte

Post by huffte »

In the Post-Processor, all plots have the option of explicitly showing the maxima and minima for the parameter being plotted. Simply check the "Max" and "Min." boxes and the numerical values will be added to the plot.

Or, if you want to do your own custom plotting and analysis of the entire history, Open Excel or another program of your choice. In the SeismoStruct post-processor, just select "Values" instead of "Graph" on any given plot. Right-click on the subsequent table, choose "Select All". Right-click again and choose "Copy". Now go back to Excel, place the cursor in the cell you want the data to begin, and choose right-click, "Paste". You can now use maximum and minimum commands in excel, as well as finding any other properties of the history data you like.
Tim Huff
aggeliki_st

Post by aggeliki_st »

Where can I see the overall results based on the regulation check and the members who missed the maximum values ??
huffte

Post by huffte »

I am afraid I do not understand what you mean by "overall results". And it is not clear what you mean by "regulation checks". If you mean exceedance of strain limits, chord rotations, etc . . defined in the Performance Criteria tab of the pre-processor, then you can specify that notification be given in the output log for those exceedance instances.
Tim Huff

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”