Suggestion: Units Preference for all files

05-Future developments & requests
humam2104

Suggestion: Units Preference for all files

Post by humam2104 »

This is important for someone like me, I had some link elements from a model that I wanted to copy to another model. But the units in each model were different! Copying and pasting produced errors in results that I needed a great time to discover that the issue was the units.
It would be appreciated to have a feature that sets GLOBAL UNITS for all files, overrides the local units for the file used so engineers can copy and paste without worrying about units. Thanks.
https://i.imgur.com/SzBvpII.png
seismosoft

Re: Suggestion: Units Preference for all files

Post by seismosoft »

Not sure if this is the desirable program behaviour. A setting like this can cause many more problems than in can solve, since it will probably confuse many users. The units is after all one of the most important parameters to be determined by the users.
Seismosoft Support
humam2104

Post by humam2104 »

Yes, it's an important factor. Having to decide units once is much better than deciding it for each file separately. This can be much simpler, instead of having alot of files with different units you will decide units only once.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

A typical user employs in all projects a single set of units.
Anyway, thank you for your suggestion, which we will discuss for one of the next releases.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”